Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ethanol Fuels

I think i will write mine on ethanol fuel, and whether or not it is an issue to keep using gasoline versus trying to find alternative fuels. I am choosing this because it is a real and solveable issue, albeit difficult and disputed. I also find it interesting, and personally believe that gasoline does have effects on the environment that need to be remedied, and the development of alternative fuels is a very interesting proposal and topic for me to research. Writing a paper about it will help me to understand it and possibly ultimately put it into practice.

3 comments:

Kendal said...

Tina-

I really like the idea that you have for your paper! Finding an alternative fuel is something that affects all of us, which is important when you are writing the kind of paper that we are. I think this is a topic that most of the kids in the class would be interested in learning more about. You could easily research both sides of the environmental issue, which is plus. I think this topic is especially interesting because, as anyone who has traveled out of America knows, America is the only country that has huge automobiles. They are affecting our environment and this is an important issue. This would definitely make a great paper.

Allie said...

Tina-

I think ethanol is a great topic to write about. You can find plenty of information and write effectively about both sides of this issue. It is definately difficult and disputed, as you've said, but that should make it even more interesting. By researching this, you'll find out a lot of useful information regarding different types of fuels and which one is best for the economy as well as the environment.

Elise Carter said...

I like your idea for ethanol fuels, it is a big issue right now. I thought about writing something similar to this one, but found that it would be harder to do, since I on an SUV that guzzles gas. I think that you however, would be able to research about the environemental issues, and that a lot of people feel very strongly about this point. I agree with Kendal, when she says that we are the only country that does use huge tanks of vehicles. Yes, they are unecessary, and one point that you could make is how we can wean our country off of this. Would we use ethanol, or perhaps hybrid cars, or other fuel sources? I really think you can expand this idea and make it very good.