Sunday, September 16, 2007

AP Exam

This will sound very strange, because the blog I am supposed to write was supposed to be "what scares you the most about the AP exam?". it seems very anticlimactic for me to write "nothing". I am not trying to be smart, or "fearless", or whatever else- it just, well, doesnt really intimidate me. I am taking a class to prepare for it, am I not? Some people go in and take the exam without ever taking a class. In fact, (this is why one of my good friends is morally opposed to taking AP classes) the class is tailored to the exam. Therefore, I should have nothing to fear. Most of us have been thoroughly trained in English and writing ideas most of our lives; much of my 7th and 8th grade classes were spent talking about rhetoric and argument; in fact we even made a small book of literary devices.

not to say that an AP English class is anything similar to a middle school one. However, English is the primary tool that humans use in every day life. Everyone posesses the ability to decipher a piece of writing; just not everyone is trained how to do so. That's what this class is for.

therefore, I am not intimidated by the AP English exam

although,

i am a little worried about handwriting those esssays.....

mainly just for the sake of the poor examiner who has to try and read it.

No comments: