Thursday, February 7, 2008

Presentations

My two favorite presentations were the Tony Eli Jordan Christina group and the Brittany Maggie and whoever else was in that group group (don't mean to forget, its just that brittany and maggie appeared the most in the ad). They weren't nessecarily professional by any means- I doubt that the charachters in either of the commercials would actually air because people could argue that their enthusiasm could have adverse effects and appear to be making fun of the product, but in the class, I think Brittany's enthusiasm (HILARIOUS) and basically Tony's entire commercial were extremely memorable. However, the Nick Martin, Liz, Elise and RJ group was certainly the most professionally done commercial. It was very polished, though I think they could have cut back on shots of the car driving, because that felt like it went on a little too long- but otherwise, judging purely by finesse and how well the commercial was done, theirs was probably the best. All of them were entertaining, and I think all of the groups had an element of humor in it which helped their appeal. A lot of commercials today try to be very funny, and i believe that those work the best. (I have mentioned this before).

1 comment:

JLK2009 said...

Tinaaaa.
I totally agree with you that each ad had an element of humor that helped sell the product.
The Nick Martin group was probably the most professional, I will agree, but I would also like to point out that their product was the most professional. (plus its the nick martin group, aka amazing computer skills haha)
I realize that our ad could not be taken seriously, with the over exaggeration of Tony, but thats what car lot commercials do. I wish you would have written that comment on the slip so that we could have addressed the issue of too humorous, as being fake or making fun of the product.